A whiskey smash is a wonderful drink for winter or summer, better with bourbon, and best with my Winter Elixir. This recipe is simple, refreshing, and plain delicious.
- Drink shaker
- Serving glass
- 2 Tbsp preserves, jam, or fruit spread of your choice (I used organic raspberry and fig). Blackberry or blueberry would also make for a nice deep flavor.
- 2 Tbsp Winter Elixir bourbon (or your choice of bourbon)
- 1 Tbsp triple sec
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- Orange segments or wedges for garnish
- A splash of Topo Chico or club soda
- 1/2 cup ice
- Fill serving glass have way up with ice.
- Add 1/2 cup ice, fruit spread, Winter Elixir bourbon, triple sec and orange juice to a shaker and shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour in serving glass, top off with Topo Chico or club soda and garnish with the orange segments.
Recipe reference: https://minimalistbaker.com/winter-bourbon-smash/