Craving a hot toddy can only mean one of two things, the weather is starting to chill you to your bones or a cold has taken the drivers seat. What more do you need to heal your spirits and warm your soul than the best hot toddy you've never had before.
- Tea mug
- Sauce pan
- 1 bag organic earl grey tea
- 2 tbsp Spiced Tonic irish whiskey (or your choice of whiskey)
- If you don't have Spiced Tonic Irish Whiskey, you will need a medium sized (approximately 3") stick of cinnamon.
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon segment
- Add the water, apple cider, Spiced Tonic, and honey to a sauce pan and place on stove.
- Take the lemon segment and place it in the bottom of the mug and lightly muddle it with a spoon or back of spatula.
- Turn the stove to medium high heat until the liquid mixture comes to a high simmer/low boil.
- Hold boil for 10 seconds while you place the tea bag into the mug.
- Turn off heat and immediately pour into the mug.
- Steep tea and serve hot.
- If you don't have Spiced Tonic, add the stick of cinnamon now.
Recipe reference: http://blog.blueapron.com/the-perfect-hot-todd/